*LAST UPDATE: JANUARY 31, 2018*
TERMS OF SERVICE
- By purchasing my art services, the client/commissioner automatically agrees to the following conditions.
- Please read this document carefully.
- If there are any questions or concerns, feel free to message me or email me at [email protected]
- I will not start on any work until I receive at least a partial payment. Failure to make a payment within 1 week of your commission request being accepted will result in your request being dropped. If you need more time, please let me know!
- If you would like to cancel your commission/request a refund, please let me know. Keep in mind, I may not be able to offer full refunds due to paypal fees.
- If work has begun on a commission, but is cancelled before completion, you may be required to pay for the amount of work that was completed before cancellation. The remaining amount for work not completed will be refunded if the full amount was paid upfront. You may request high resolution copies of the sketches/color tests/WIPs that were completed prior to cancellation.
- Once the commission is completed, it cannot be refunded.
- I retain all copyrights over my work, which include but are not limited to, the right to distribute, reproduce, or use the image as a sample for sales/self promotion, unless agreed upon otherwise.
- Any commissions I create will be publicly posted, but I will respect any requests to keep them private. No explanations are necessary.
- I cannot claim the Intellectual Property (IP), or reuse/resell the image for personal or commercial projects unless otherwise agreed upon.
- I reserve the right to reject your commission proposal for any reason.
- I reserve the right to modify and resell any rejected sketches at a later date.
- I reserve the right to request an additional licensing fee if the commissioner wishes to use my work for any commercial purposes. (If licensing fee is paid, I still retain copyrights, but the commissioner may use the work for whatever purpose agreed upon.)
- The commissioner may upload the work done for them to their website, as long as it is credited and linked back to one of my galleries or blogs.
- The commissioner may use the commissioned work for any personal uses they wish, including but not limited to, icons, signatures, banners, layouts, wallpapers, themes, and personal site display.
- The commissioner retains the rights to the IP.
- The commissioner may not claim the work as their own, edit, reproduce, redistribute, or resell the work. The commissioner may not use the work for any external projects, commercial or non-commercial, unless agreed upon otherwise.
- If the commissioner wishes to use my work for any commercial purposes, they may be required to pay a licensing fee. (If licensing fee is paid, I still retain copyrights, but the commissioner may use the work for whatever purpose agreed upon.)
- Please remember that these commissions will take some time. I will do my best to meet any deadlines, if any are made, but keep in mind that my queue works on a first come, first served basis. If you are looking for work on a short time frame, a rush fee may be added.
- I reserve the right to add additional fees for any complicated/detailed designs.
- After negotiations are done and payment is received, I sketch, color, and/or animate depending on your commission type
- I do accept “description only” commissions, but at least one visual reference is preferred.
- Please be as clear and concise in your descriptions as possible. You can use other works and images as reference!
- The client will be shown WIPs as I progress through the commission. Edits can be made at any point during the process. I reserve the right to add a $15+ USD fee for any edits that require a substantial amount of time to carry out.
- I will always present a color test to fix any color errors. Please let me know if I made any mistakes. Color fixes are always free.
- All of my commissions will have my signature on it. If you would like a full res copy of the commission, or a copy without the signature emailed to you, please let me know.
- If you plan on uploading my work to your website, please give credit and link back, and do not edit out my signature.
- If you are an older client, and have received art from me that I did not sign, please know that you are still bound to these terms of service.
- You are not required to watermark my work if you are posting it anywhere public, but remember to credit and link back