Updated: July 15, 2018
By purchasing any of my services you demonstrate that you have read, understood, and agree to the following terms and conditions.
- I reserve the right to decline any commission at any time without having to justify the reason(s).
- I reserve the right to alter my terms of service at any time; these changes will not apply to existing orders currently being worked on at the time.
- I reserve the right to alter my commission pricing at any time; these changes will not apply to existing orders currently being worked on at the time.
- The client understands that they are only purchasing the creation of the digital file. The finished art will not be printed and shipped.
- By commissioning me, you have ensured that you are happy with my skill and style, and will respect my interpretation of your character/pet/idea.
- You are free to inquire with me about creating an illustration that is not listed in my current commission options. I am very open to your ideas and interest!
II. RESERVATIONS & ORDERING
- The client understands that, based on the queue, complexity of the commission, and personal life and health matters, that their order may take up to one month (in the worst predicted cases; this has not yet happened) to fulfill. In most cases, however, I do my best to finish the commission in a few days; the usual turnaround is within 2 weeks.
- Must provide a clear description of what they desire for the artwork (within reasonable bounds of the option they choose).
- Must provide up to date and relevant visual references that apply to their commission order. Any minor changes for character designs, pet appearances, etc. must be specified in your order!
- Is free to provide artistic licence alongside the minimum required information.
- May commission an artwork for a friend as a gift, etc.
- Must be clear if there is a deadline; I will try my best to work within that time limit, so long as it is given with 2 weeks of an advanced notice. I will let you know if I cannot work with the given conditions.
I CANNOT DRAW:
Humans or Humanoids (Except in larger landscape scenes)
Extremely sci-fi landscapes
I CAN DRAW, BUT AM NOT LIMITED TO:
Animals and pets
Natural and fantasy scenery
Natural scenery with urban elements
I reserve the right to decline any commission that includes religious, pornographic, NSFW, gory, offensive or hateful topics. ANY AND ALL subject matter that makes me uncomfortable will not be accepted.
- All commissions must be paid in full upfront, before work on the piece is started.
- If I, for whatever reason (major life event, sudden workload that will keep me busy beyond a reasonable time, health etc.), am unable to complete the commission, I will provide a refund.
- If the client acts in any way that is offensive, hateful, destructive or obtrusive, or fails to keep up with communication within reasonable time of the process, I will give fair warning before cancelling the commission order.
IV. PROCESS & DELIVERY
- Work will begin once the commission has been requested and payment approved.
- With the exception of sketch-type or speedpaint options, a sketch will be sent out for approval before payment needs to be received.
- If there are any alterations that you must request, make sure to do so as soon as possible. I will do my best to fix any problems promptly. If I encounter any problems, have suggestions for changes, or am not happy with how the piece is looking, I'll let you know.
- The finished artwork will be delivered digitally to the client via email or here, on ArtistsnClients.
- The client will receive a watermark-free, higher resolution version, along with a lower resolution version of the finished artwork. The artwork will always include the the artist's signature.
- The finished artwork will be posted to my public gallery.
- Ensure that you have saved the artwork once it has been sent to you.
- Small, minor edits may be made, within reason, after completion (colour edits, design mistakes, etc.). I will, however, do my best to work through these problems before finishing the artwork for you! Again, make sure to let me know of any alterations earlier in the process.
V. USAGE RIGHTS, OWNERSHIP & COPYRIGHT
I, as the artist, retain every right to the created artwork.
I reserve the right to:
- Post/upload/display the artwork on any site or place.
- Use the art to promote my business in any place, such as, but not limited to, use in my portfolio.
- Retain all commercial use of the created art.
- Use and sell the art in digital and physical and forms (not likely, especially for work of private characters or pets, but if I ever decide to compile the work into an art book, etc.)
- May share and use the artwork for entirely personal and non-commercial purposes ONLY, unless given strict written permission with separate, agreed-on terms for commercial use.
- May only repost the lower resolution version of the artwork on other sites or social media when they provide clear, proper credit to me, Shaylynn W / Nimiszu, and a link back to my DA gallery or website portfolio.
- May not claim the artwork as their own.
- Retains all the rights and ownership of the character(s) but not the artwork itself.
- May not distribute, reproduce, or exhibit the artwork in any commercial way.
- May not alter the artwork in any way for presentation unless given written permission or if the alteration is required for personal mounting, framing, or printing.
- May not erase, smudge, or crop out the artist's signature or watermark.
By purchasing any of my services you demonstrate that you have read, understood, and agree to the outlined terms and conditions.