The following rules must be followed for every commission:
- Payment is required upfront and in full before work on the commission begins, and is accepted via SquareUp or Paypal Invoices only. If your commission is over $200 we can discuss payment plans.
- If you no longer want the commission or cannot pay for it please tell me. I will not be upset if you need to cancel when something comes up. If work has been done and you decide you no longer want it you will get a refund equivalent to the work that has not yet been done.
- I DO NOT produce any work before payment has been sent.
- All prices are non-negotiable.
- I reserve the right to change my prices and charge extra for complicated characters. What I consider "complicated" is at my discretion.
- The rates listed here are for commissions for personal use only. Commissions for commercial use are priced on a case-by-case basis, and have different rules and rates.
- Payment, partial or full, must be sent within 48 hours of your commission being accepted a proper quote given. Failure to do so will have your commission dropped, and your slot will be given to someone else.
- Commission quotes are only valid for the 48 hours. If you require more time, let me know! I can be flexible.
- If you have a deadline for the commission, please inform me when you order it; a rush fee will be added to your total and I will prioritize your commission. Don't wait to inform me of your deadline! If it's too close by the time you tell me (i.e. 3-5 days before your deadline) I will not be able to finish it in time.
- As detailed on my price sheets, characters with complicated designs, extra limbs, wings, ect., will warrant an added charge to the base price of the commission.
As the commissioner...
- You MAY upload work done for yourself anywhere, I must be credited.
- You MAY NOT reproduce the image on merchandise or make prints of my work for the purpose of selling it. If this is something you are interested in there is a licensing fee.
- References must be included with every commission requests. If you only have a written description of your character there is an added fee for the complexity. Please be sure your references, written or visual, are detailed and up to date.
- Do NOT alter my work without permission.
As the artist...
- I have the right to refuse a commission without justification.
- I retain the right to display any commissioned artwork online as advertisement. * You will be credited as the commissioner, and listed in the description of the piece. If you would rather not have the piece be posted online there is a privacy fee ($10-50).
- I retain the right to distribute, print, reproduce and copy as I see fit for self promotion. If you would rather not have the piece not be used in such a manner there is a privacy fee.
Work & Time...
- Once your commission has been confirmed, you will be placed in my Commission Queue List. If you don't see an open slot don't worry, the list is for active commissions. Once confirmed you will be added to the list as an active commissioner.
- Please keep in mind turn-around can be anywhere between a couple of days to a couple of months. The time it will take for me to finish your commission will depend on the difficulty of your commission, and the length of the queue.
- Editing can only be done during the sketching and line art phases. Color edits can only be done while in the color phase. I will offer up to three free edits past the inking stage. Any more and there will be a small fee depending on how much needs to be changed. If the error is one I made, it will be changed for free. Please be thorough with what you want, and provide detailed corrections if your refs are not up to date or are inaccurate.
- If you reject a concept or thumbnail, it's not yours to keep unless otherwise stated. I retain the rights to change it, resell it, or finish it for my own projects.
- You may ask for an update on your commission anytime you like within reason. Meaning, not more than twice a week. When progress is made or I need your opinion on the piece I will contact you.
When a client contacts me for work, they agree that my terms of service supersede any terms of service the client may have.
Service Terms and Agreements are subject to change with or without notification.
Last updated: December 9th 2017
Terms of Service can also be found via this google doc: Keisha's TOS
Any questions? Feel free to send me and email, or Private message on any of the accounts. I really am a friendly person.